It all started with a little snafu…
I didn’t expect to start a company just because I dropped my spare tampon on the gym floor and got mad, but that’s really what happened. Talk about an accidental entrepreneur…that would be me!
What the heck…sometimes you’re just going along and all
of a sudden life makes other plans. I had no idea what I was
in for that sunny day in July, 2007…
I just went to go workout like I always did...and ended up
leaving the club with a whole new perspective on life
PortaPocket was born!
I filed for a patent and trademarked the name PortaPocket while simultaneously embarking on the odyssey to the unknown…product development. Although I had 17 year history in special events equipment sales and marketing, I had no background in this particular subject but just took the leap and made my way through. After all… great ideas aren’t worth much if they’re not acted upon…and this idea had taken over my brain and wouldn’t let go. So on I went! Little did I know that the idea itself was just the tip of the iceberg to the herculean tasks hiding underneath the surface, but, hey, nothing venture nothing gained.
It took about a year and a half in development and that was a rather interesting journey in itself…one where I was measuring all kinds of people’s body parts while keeping a straight face
and explaining to them how I was going to make a solution so they could strap a lipstick or cell phone (etc) onto their leg.
Amusing and wacky as it sounds, it's been enormously gratifying to see my little creation come to life and bring such benefit to so many. Our first patent issued in 2010 and we’ve been thrilled to have been sought out and appreciated by people who represent a tremendous cross section of humanity. We’ve been privileged to work with and provide solutions for:
- Exercisers / marathoners / runners / walkers / gym goers
- Dancers / roller derby gals / bicyclists / horseback riders
- Vacationers / travelers / roller coaster riders / amusement park lovers
- Brides / bridesmaids / wedding guests / bachelorette party attendees
- Prom goers / gals going out on the town / social occasion celebrants
- Conference goers / Keynote speakers / seminar takers
- Diabetics / asthmatics / people with allergies / blind folks
- Wheelchair-bound people / people with MS or limited dexterity
- Make-up artists / stylists / television industry audio specialists
- Motorcycle riders / parkour aficionados / mountain climbers
- Nudists / naturists / direct sales home party participants
- Cruise goers / concert lovers / Zumba and yoga enthusiasts
- Victims of purse snatchings and armed robberies
- GPS device carriers / fitbit owners
- Dog walkers and yes, the dogs themselves!
…and the list goes on…
I learn new things every day and we keep finding new and wonderful uses for PortaPocket that I never even imagined at the start.
We are grateful for your encouragement, kind letters and words of support. Our mission is, and continues to be…providing practical tools to help people help themselves. With your patronage, we will soldier on to bring these resources to others -- and in small but important ways...
make life easier.
Principal & Founder
Undercover Solutions, LLC